This documentation details the usage of the ARTIK C/C++ API developed by Samsung to speed-up application development on ARTIK hardware modules.
This API has been developed in an object-oriented fashion, in order to provide consistency across the different languages and bindings supported.
The following languages are supported:
The API is available and has been tested for the following hardware platforms:
- ARTIK 520 Development platform
- ARTIK 1020 Development platform
- ARTIK 710 Development platform
The API is organized by modules that each contain a set of features. A "module manager" allows applications to get a instance of a module, configure it, then call APIs exposed by the module.
The modules that are currently available are:
- GPIO: module for operating on hardware digital input/output pins
- I2C: module for communicating with onboard chips over I2C bus
- Serial: module for communicating with external hardware over UART
- PWM: module for generating pulse width modulated signals
- HTTP: module for sending requests to HTTP/HTTPS servers
- Cloud: module for calling the ARTIK cloud APIs
- ADC: module for reading Analog inputs
- Wi-Fi: module for managing wireless networks
- Media: module for managing audio/video streams
- Security: module for handling security features
- Bluetooth: module for scanning and communicating with BT devices
- Sensors: module for reading information from sensors
- ZigBee: module for communicating with remote ZigBee devices
- LWM2M: module for communicating with a remote LWM2M server as a client