The changelog will track substantive updates to the ARTIK documentation section.
15 December 2016
- We've doubled the number of introductory tutorials for the ARTIK 5/7/10 families, adding new ones for using sensors, Node-RED, and ARTIK Cloud. We've even included gesture control!
22 November 2016
- We added a new article on Proxy Servers and how to configure ARTIK to work with them. We also updated the sysfs information in the GPIO mapping table for ARTIK 710.
25 October 2016
- The site is updated to include information about our ARTIK 0 and ARTIK 7 family additions. Existing information has been improved to focus on the latest available binary images.
21 September 2016
- We started a new series on Secure Deployment. It takes up where the MQTT/Web series left off, providing straightforward directions on how to secure local communication links with SSL/TLS.
16 August 2016
- Added an article on resin.io, a software deployment system that makes it simple to securely update whole fleets of devices in the field. We also added a video to the Taking Action with ARTIK Cloud tutorial.
29 July 2016
- Added the sixth installment of the ARTIK MQTT/Web tutorial series: Taking Action with ARTIK Cloud. Here, we jump into an end-to-end, hardware-to-cloud (and back) solution for using the intelligence of ARTIK Cloud to monitor and control our IoT edge devices developed with the Arduino IDE.
8 July 2016
- A problem turned up with the MQTT library we were using; it failed to connect with ARTIK Cloud. As a result, we updated the ARTIK Cloud – via Arduino article code to use another MQTT library. It has the side benefit of making the code simpler!
17 June 2016
- We have overhauled the documentation set in conjunction with the ARTIK 10 rev 0.5 board release. Many existing articles were rewritten and improved.
- New topics have been added: Audio and Video, Wireless IoT Networks, Software Tools (IDE), and Libraries.
- Wi-Fi Direct/P2P and USB host and Device articles and the Say Hello tutorial were added, and a new section was added to Updating the ARTIK Image for updating over USB.
- Previous MQTT and Web Coding articles that were part of the tutorials have been moved to their own group under Advanced Concepts.
5 April 2016
Added the fifth installment of the ARTIK MQTT/Web tutorial series: ARTIK Cloud – via Arduino. In this article, we move the "brains" of the operation from Node-RED to an Arduino IDE sketch, providing templates for general purpose Web and MQTT access.
Updated the Reading a Button tutorial to include both Python code and a manual method for reading GPIO pin state.
7 March 2016
- Added the fourth installment of the ARTIK MQTT tutorial series: Publishing to ARTIK Cloud. In this article, we branch out into Web protocols as well, so future installments will refer to the MQTT/Web series.
26 February 2016
- Updated the Beta Features table.
24 February 2016
- Added pictures of the Ver. 0.5 ARTIK 5 developer board, and clarified documentation related to this version of the board.
- Added a section on placement of the antennas included with the Ver. 0.5, ARTIK 5 developer board.
19 February 2016
- Added the third installment of the ARTIK MQTT tutorial series: Web Window to MQTT. We have also updated the First program - Blink an LED tutorial with a script in Python and a command-line method.
4 February 2016
- Added the second installment of the ARTIK MQTT tutorial series: Advanced MQTT Topics.
28 January 2016
- Added the first installment of a tutorial series on using ARTIK as an MQTT message broker. The additional installments will be posted as they become available in early February.
5 January 2016
- Added a guide on how to set up ARTIK 5 or 10 as an Access Point.
10 December 2015
- For users of libArduino, note that there is a new version of the guide in the Downloads area.
19 November 2015
- Added OS X instructions to the Updating the ARTIK image article.
- Updates to Beta Features list.
12 November 2015
- Updates to Beta Features list.
- Bluetooth® guide updated.
3 November 2015
Initial release of documentation library to support beta ARTIK 5 and ARTIK 10 developer boards.